In the Beginning, Part 20: Tracing the Gospel Through Meals
Hospitality is good for the soul. It has been during meals that God has revealed how He has redeemed what took place at the curse.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something in this message that encouraged you, challenged you, or helped you understand more of the Gospel?
- In your own life, what are some of the most memorable meals you’ve had? What made them so remarkable?
- Read and discuss the meal in Genesis 18:1-15. Why do you think everyone in this narrative seems to be in such a hurry? Why do you think Abraham gives his guests such an elaborate banquet?
- What does genuine hospitality look like? Why is it “good for the soul”? Does hospitality come naturally to you, or do you find it difficult? How would you like to grow in this area?
- Why do you think the Lord, in Scripture, so often chooses to reveal pieces of His plan of redemption through meals? Can you think of any other significant meals in the Bible besides the ones Pastor Mike mentioned?
- Read Revelation 19:6-9 and spend some time praising God that we who have put our faith in Christ will get to join Him in the most glorious meal imaginable.