Divine promises are never executed by manipulation.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly challenging, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What is something you trusted God for in the past? How did it turn out?
- Read and discuss Genesis 16:1-6. What is the essence of this story? How is it linked to the big story of scripture? In what ways do these six verses define the world?
- How are Abraham and Sarah’s actions mistrusting Gods faithfulness? Why do you think they chose to mistrust?
- How was Abraham strong outside the home but passive within? Have you ever found this dynamic at work in your own life?
- How can culture impact or influence our faith and trust in Jesus? What are some examples you’ve observed or experienced firsthand?
- In what ways should the church be an influence on culture, instead of the other way around?
- What is something God has called you to be a steward of? What does faithfulness look like in that calling?
- Have you ever tried to manipulate a situation because it was difficult to trust the Lord? Are you in a situation now where you are manipulating something and you know it’s not right? Spend some time in prayer with your small group for the things you’ve discussed.