You believe only what you act on. All the rest is just religious talk. Abraham believed God, and followed His call to an unknown land.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly challenging, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What is faith? What is one example of faith you’ve observed or experienced?
- Read and discuss Genesis 12:1-9 and Hebrews 11:8-10. How is Abraham a pattern of the Christian life? How does he serve as a representation of a life of faith?
- What do the tents and altars represent in Abraham’s story? What are the equivalents in your life?
- How is Christianity not a blind leap of foolishness?
- What is the Abrahamic covenant? What does it mean that it is a unilateral covenant? Why does it matter?
- How have you felt the tension of waiting on God? How do you experience that tension in this current season of your life?
- Why does faith please the heart of God?
- What has God called you to? How does faith play into calling?
- Discuss this statement: God is not obligated to do all that He can do, only what He has promised He will do. How do you respond to this?
- How does obedience follow faith? What is something God is currently calling you to step toward in faith and your obedience? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.