In Plain Sight: The Gospel-Centered Life
The gospel of Jesus Christ is the baseline for living the Christian life. Yet, Christians often treat the gospel as a remedial element of the Christian life that we “get” and then move on from. Yet, the gospel is power for living now, and all of Scripture points us to it. We must continually appeal to the gospel of Jesus if we are to walk as Jesus walked.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What one word comes to mind when you hear the world "gospel"?
- How has your understanding of the gospel changed as you have walked with Jesus?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. What might this tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell you about Jesus Christ?
- What does this passage reveal to us about the gospel?
- In what way is the gospel the ultimate standard for living?
- Pastor Mike shared how the gospel impacts eternity, morality, suffering, generosity, marriage, possessions, and forgiveness. Which of these areas resonates with you personally? What other areas have you seen the gospel impact in your life?
- What is one area of your life where you need to appeal to the gospel? Spend some time in prayer, asking God to impact this area with the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.