Many people shy away from studying the Bible for many reasons – none of them good. Pastor Mike shares some general principles for approaching the study of the Word. Using John 9 as an example, he shares his process of study and reflection while teaching his insights on this portion of scripture.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Before your group time, read and reflect on John 9. Record and share your observations.
- What did the author want to communicate when he recorded John 9? What does it say about Jesus? What does it say about man?
- Why should Christians study the Bible? How do you personally study the Bible? How do you think God means for us to study His Word?
- Have you ever had “dry seasons” when studying the scriptures? How did you handle that time?
- “Legalism blinds people to the truth.” Do you agree or disagree? Why? Give examples.
- “Christ is often found outside the church more than He is found inside the church.” Do you agree or disagree? Why? Give examples.