Grow Up: Maturing in Christ
We will naturally grow as we supernaturally abide and behold in community.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- In regards to following Jesus, have you ever asked, “What now?”
- How has God created things to grow? Why do you think He did this? What is the point of biological growth? What is the parallel in spiritual growth?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 4:15-16. What do these verses tell you about you? What do they tell you about Jesus?
- Discuss this statement: We will naturally grow as we supernaturally abide and behold in community. How have you seen this to be true?
- Read and discuss John 15:4. What does it mean to “abide”?
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 3:18. What does it mean to “behold” God’s glory? How do we do that?
- Pastor Mike said, “The church community that God has placed us in gives us access to a wide breadth of knowledge and experience.” Why is this important? What are the implications?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. In what ways do you think you need to “grow up” or come to deeper maturity in your walk with Jesus? Pray for the Lord to reveal those areas to you. How can your Shepherd Group help you in those areas?