One of the hallmarks of the Christian – and thus the church – should be humility. In this message, Pastor Mike defines humility as the honest assessment of our strengths as a gift from God while realizing that without Him we can do nothing.
h3>DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How would you personally define humility? In what ways is humility a "fragile" subject?
- Read and discuss Philippians 2:1-11. What does this tell you about man? About Jesus?
- How does Jesus display humility? Are we able to emulate that?
- How does society/culture define humility? In what ways is that different from a biblical definition of humility?
- Why is a humble church a powerful church?
- What can we do to cultivate humility in ourselves and in our church?