In the first part of a series called GPS which will deal with our “positioning” as a church, Pastor Mike shares an overview of his personal story and how that lead to starting Reston Bible Church.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Share your personal life story. What were some of the foundational elements or influences that shaped who you are? What lead you to accept Christ as savior?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 11:8-16. What does this tell you about the nature of man? Of God?
- What does the phrase "the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God" (Heb. 11:10, ESV) refer to? Does this phrase have practical implications to everyday Christian living?
- The Christian life is often described as a journey, which implies continually moving from one point to another. In what ways have you seen this in your experience of walking with Christ?
- Pastor Mike contrasts a cultural view versus a biblical view of being a pastor. What other topics/subjects in the Christian life might we need to distinguish a cultural view from a biblical view?
- Share with your group about a specific individual you know personally whose faith has helped build into your own faith journey. Take time to write a note of encouragement and send it to them this week.