To the degree that encouraging words are invigorating, to the same degree discouraging words are paralyzing. There is no lack of discouragement in our lives – how do we as individuals encourage our own souls? Courage is not a lack of fear, but a willingness to face fear in life in the power that God provides.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Mark 6:30-32. What do these verses tell you about man? About Christ?
- What do you learn about taking rest from these verses? What does rest have to do with encouragement? Do you find it difficult to take rest?
- In the area of encouragement/discouragement, what tends to make "withdraws" in your daily life?
- What is your "sweet spot" in the kingdom of God? How are you leveraging your talent/treasure/time for the glory of Christ?
- Read and discuss Luke 10:17-20. Why does Jesus tell them to "rejoice that your names are written in heaven"? Do you rejoice in this in a way that affects your daily life?
- What are some scripture verses that you can preach to yourself as personal encouragement?