Discouragement abounds, because to follow Jesus is to constantly go against the grain of the fallen aspects of the world and society around us. Thus, daily encouraging those who are already in the faith is vital.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Have you ever had an ethical dillema, where you had to choose between an easy (but unethical) path and a path that went "against the grain"? Which did you choose? How did it turn out?
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 1:3-11. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? What do they tell you about the nature of God?
- What qualities does an effective encourager possess? Who in your life would you consider to be an effective encourager?
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 4:7-18. How is it that our struggles are "light and momentary"?
- Read and discuss Romans 8:18-25. What role does hope have for the believer during seasons of suffering?
- Think of someone you can encourage this week. May your small group hold you accountable to giving them a note or a word of encouragement?