Without encouragement, there can be no hope, and without hope, there can be no life. The temporary encouragement we give in life builds the platform to communicate eternal hope through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What encourages you? In what ways do you like encouraging others?
- Read and discuss Acts 27:20-26. Do these verses tell you anything about the nature of man? Of God?
- What do you learn about Paul's relationship with God in these verses?
- What is the relationship between hope and encouragement?
- How does the "everyday mundane encouragement" that we would give others in this life allow for a platform to share eternal hope? Have you ever seen this happen?
- What platform has God given you to encourage others? Do you feel you are stewarding that platform well? How can your small group encourage you in that area?