In Genesis 1:28, we are commanded to “be fruitful,” which is impossible apart from relationship. Pastor Wayne Johnson teaches on how living a fruitful, godly life is not a means to a relationship with God, but the result of living in relationship with Him.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you could give a one-sentence synopsis of this message, what would it be?
- Read and discuss Genesis 1:26-28. What do you observe about God’s intentions for His people?
- Read and discuss Exodus 1:7-14. What do you observe about God’s enemies’ intentions for His people?
- How would you define “fruitfulness” in context of a relationship with God?
- How does fruitfulness bring multiplication? How is fruitfulness dependent on relationship?
- In what ways does Satan seek to enslave us and keep us from living fruitful lives before God?
- What role does behavior play in the Christian walk? How is fruitfulness dependent or not dependent on our behavior?
- “We are in bondage largely because of the lies in which we believe.” Are you able to identify some lies you may believe that keep you from fruitfulness? How does the Gospel answer those lies? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.