We live in a world that knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. Do you see Christ as precious? God is a God of love, but He does not sit idly by and allow His love to take second place in our lives.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Haggai 1:2-11 and 1 Corinthians 16:19-20. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they tell us about God? What warnings or commands are there for us to heed and obey?
- Have you ever felt stagnate in your walk with the Lord? What was the cause? What can we do to avoid spiritual stagnation?
- What does it mean to have "spiritual vision"? How can we develop spiritual vision?
How much of your time, talent and treasure does God have? How can you grow in the grace of giving in each of these areas?
- How much of your life is driven by impatience, distraction, or discomfort? Considering that eternity is only a heartbeat away, what areas of your life do you need to "rebuild the temple"?
- How do you think God wants to use you to make a difference in the world around you? How does the gospel of Jesus enable and propel us to do this?
- Discuss how your small group can help you "rebuild" and spend some time in prayer for this. Give thanks to God for the grace that covers our sin and drives us to impact the world around us for His glory. Pray that He would help you see the eternal value of Jesus and be driven by Him instead of by impatience, distraction or discomfort.