For Such a Time as This
Esther was placed exactly where God wanted her at that time in history, to use her for His purposes. And God has placed you right where you are “for such a time as this.”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- How do we see the clash of worldviews playing out in our culture today?
- What stands out most to you as you consider Esther’s narrative? What do you think you would have done in Esther’s position?
- Have you ever been in a high-stakes situation where nothing would happen if God didn’t come through? Was it difficult to trust Him? Why or why not?
- Consider the key verse of Esther 4:14. What does the story of Esther have to say to us today?
- Read and discuss Genesis 45:5 and Psalm 139:16. How does Esther’s life illustrate that God is sovereign in our lives?
- In what ways do we live in a culture where the end justifies the means? Why must Christ followers not live like this?
- Read and discuss Esther 4:11, 16. How did Esther face fear head-on? How can we tend toward being false prophets of the future?
- Read and discuss Luke 12:6-7. Do you believe that everyone has significance in Christ? Do you tend to think that God uses others but not you? Why or why not? How do you need to find balance in your perspective?
- Read and discuss Acts 17:24-17. How do you tend to get caught up in the daily grind? How might God use you right where you are? What opportunities has He placed before you that you need to be faithful with?