The gospel of the grace of God in Jesus Christ assures hope in any situation.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- “Because of the fall, everyone experiences depression to some degree.” Do you have any personal experience with depression? Share with your group.
- Read and discuss Psalm 43 and 73. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they tell us about God?
- Have you ever been discouraged by the “the prosperity of the wicked” (Psalm 73:3)? What insight does Scripture give regarding this?
- What is the distinction between the mind and the brain? Why does Scripture tell us to renew our minds (Romans 12:2, Ephesians 4:23)?
- Do you ever feel like you are a burden to others, or do you know someone who feels this way? How should the body of Christ respond to this?
- Why is any given situation never a hopeless situation? What does the gospel of Jesus show us about this?
- Do you have a burden that your Shepherd Group can help you bear? Do you know of someone who is burdened that you can reach out to? Spend some time in prayer for these things.