In the midst of spiritual battle, our lives are meant to convey the message of the Gospel.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What is spiritual warfare? How have you personally experienced spiritual warfare?
- Read and discuss 1 John 5:19, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4, and Ephesians 6:10-20. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they reveal about God? What do they tell us about the world in which we live?
- How is the gospel being veiled (2 Cor. 4:3-4) in these current days?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 5:15-16. What are some ways you need to walk wisely and make the best use of the time you have?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 5:17-6:9. How do each of these areas of daily life and relationship convey the message of the Gospel?
- Relationship with God (Eph. 5:17-21)
- Marriage (Eph. 5:22-33)
- Parenting (Eph. 6:1-4)
- Work/ministry (Eph. 6:5-9)?
- How does Satan attack each of these relationships? Do you feel like you are being specifically attacked in any of these areas?
- Read and discuss Luke 10:2 and Matthew 28:18-20. How might God be calling you to engage in the work of missions?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Also pray for the Blanchard’s work in Ireland and for our missionaries across the globe as they convey the message of the Gospel in the midst of spiritual warfare.