Barnabas Mam, an RBC-supported missionary, shares the story of his journey to Christ and how the Lord has been working in Cambodia.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Do you have any local or global missions experience? Where and doing what?
- Read and discuss Psalm 126:5-6 and Mark 10:17-31. What do these Scriptures reveal to us about ourselves? What does it tell us about God? What do these verses relate to missions? How can suffering produce Christ-exalting fruit?
- Barnabas closed with the points below. How do you see each of them in Barnabas’ story? How have you seen each in your own life?
- Jesus is always good & sovereign
- Suffering in Christ is rewarded a hundredfold
- Prayers for the suffering church are always heard
- Partnership accelerates the spread of the Gospel
- When we sow in years, we will reap with joy
- Barnabas encouraged us by saying, “Don’t just pray and support us financially – go out. Come speak life to another nation.” What is your response to that?
- Spend some time thanking God for all He has done in reaching Cambodia with the gospel of Jesus. Pray for Barnabas and continued fruit in the ministry the Lord has given him. Ask God what He might have for you in terms of engaging to reach the nations with the glorious gospel of Jesus.