This world is filled with all kinds of difficulties, but it is only for a while. Followers of Jesus have a great hope in the resurrection and a glorious anticipation based on the truth of eternal life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- What is “pink cloud” theology?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 1:1-9. What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about God? What do you note about how Peter addresses his audience in this letter?
- How is the resurrection an encouragement and motivation in the midst of suffering?
- How is biblical hope different from wishful thinking? Why is hope described here a “living” hope (1 Peter 1:3)?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 15:12-18, 32-38, 42-44, 50-58. What is the argument Paul is building here? Why does he lay it out this way? Why is our faith futile if there was no resurrection?
- Read and discuss Romans 8:18-25. How is this an extension of the promise of resurrection?
- How is the promise our bodily resurrection – based on the reality of Jesus’ bodily resurrection – an encouragement to you personally in these present days? In light of that, how can you encourage others? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.