Faith is being able to look beyond our natural horizons and believe that God is going to somehow fulfill His great promises to us in ways that we can’t even begin to imagine.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- What Easter or Holy Week traditions did your family have when you were growing up?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 11:1-16. How would you summarize this section of Scripture? What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about God and how we are to relate to Him?
- What is faith? What does it look like to exercise faith in general? What does it look like to exercise faith specifically in Jesus Christ? How is faith not a “blind leap of foolishness”?
- Where do you struggle to believe by faith what is said to you in God’s Word?
- How are you being called by God to put your faith to action in these present days? What things are you being called to view with “spiritual eyesight” and look beyond the immediate?
- Why is it important and helpful to recognize that this world is not our ultimate home? Why is it important to have the mindset of a “stranger,” “alien,” “exile,” “pilgrim,” or “sojourner” (Hebrews 11:13-14)?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Ask God to help you trust Him as you view things through spiritual eyes.