Dressed in Our Sunday Best
Our true Sunday best is not found in presenting ourselves well, but in presenting Christ well.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing about this message that was particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging for you?
- How do the clothes we wear create a “visual resume”? What examples can you think of in Scripture where clothes have significance?
- What was the Old Testament role of the high priest? Why was that position so important?
- Read and discuss Zechariah 3. What is happening in this vision?
- If Zechariah 3 is similar to a courtroom scene, who is the defendant? Who represents the prosecution and the defense? Who is the judge?
- How does this chapter display the gospel? How does it foreshadow and predict the coming of Christ?
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16 and Hebrews 7:26-28. What does it mean that Jesus is our “great high priest”? How does He fulfill the Old Testament office of high priest?
- What does it mean to be clothed in the righteousness of Christ?
- Spend some time in prayer, thanking God that He has given us a true high priest and clothed us with His righteousness.