Do Not Fear, I Am with You
Our fear can paralyze us so that we do not worship God as we ought. But He has provided a foundation of hope so that we might not fear.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one part of this message that particularly ministered to you or encouraged you?
- Read Isaiah 41:10. What are the five promises given in this passage that should relieve our fears? Talk about each of those promises and how they can give you courage in your faith and your daily lives.
- Read Psalm 70. Why are we “poor and needy” before Almighty God? How does this passage relate to God’s command to “fear not”?
- How does the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ address those things that might make us fearful?
- What is going on in your life right now where you need to hear God say, “fear not, for I am with you”?
- Are there any other passages of Scripture that particularly minister to you in moments of fear? Spend some time in prayer for the members of your group, using the words of those passages.