Cutting Through the Noise
We live in a world full of noise with many voices vying for influence over our lives. Only the voice of God should have the final say.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing about this message that was particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging for you?
- Recap the narrative of Job and his responses to the counsel of his wife and friends. Read God’s initial response in Job 38. What do you note about the Lord as you read through His response?
- In what ways do we live in “a world full of noise”? What noise do you let into your life? What are the effects of this that you have observed and experienced?
- What “voices” do you hear during seasons of pain and loss in your life? Why is it in these times that it seems hard to hear the voice of the Lord?
- Discuss this statement: “Every lie starts with some element of truth that becomes twisted.” How have you seen this?
- What happens when we cannot tell truth from lie? How can we discern worldly wisdom from biblical wisdom?
- What are some practical steps you need to take to allow the voice of the Lord to cut through the noise?
- What is an area or a situation in your life where you are not allowing God to have the final say? What would it look like to give His voice “51% of the vote”?
- Job 19:2516 serves as an anchoring truth for Job in the midst of all the noise. Spend some time in prayer thanking God for this and ask Him to cut through whatever noise in your life is drowning out that amazing reality.