By Faith: The God Who Is, The God Who Rewards
By His creation, we can trust that God exists. By His Word, we can trust that God rewards.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly beneficial, insightful, or difficult?
- What comes to mind when you hear the word “faith”? What is faith?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 11:1-6. What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about God? What does it mean that faith is an “assurance” or a “conviction” (v. 1, ESV).
- What two things must we believe by faith about God in order to please Him (Hebrews 11:6)? What are the practical implications of each?
- What evidence is compelling to you that God exists? How does creation reveal the existence of a Creator?
- What evidence is there that God “rewards those who seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6)? How have you experienced this?
- Why is it significant that God speaks and communicates to us?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 1:1-3, Galatians 4:4-7 and Romans 8:17. How is Jesus God’s reward to us? What does it mean that we are co-heirs with Him?
- What is one way that you need to step out in faith in a current season or situation of your life? In that circumstance or situation, how can you best reflect that God is and God rewards?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed. Thank God for His gift of faith and the ultimate reward we have in Jesus Christ. Ask Him to help you live out your faith in Him in deeper and deeper ways.