In Kingdom living, we are often “blindfolded” and must walk by faith and not by sight. Faith in itself is not a departure from reason, but what do we do when faith and reason do not agree? Whenever we have to choose between human reasoning and God-exalting faith, is always best to step out in obedient faith.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Luke 5:1-13. What does this say about the person & character of Christ? About the nature of man?
- Share a time in your life when you allowed human reasoning to trump faith.
- Share a time in your life when you allowed faith to trump human reasoning.
- How can fear drive us from walking in faith?
- Read and discuss Romans 4:16-25. What do these verses tell you about God? About man?
- Where in your life to you presently feel the tension to between faith and reason? What would it look like in that situation to step out in obedient faith?