Blindfolded, Part 1
How do we live for the kingdom of God while we are in a world that has a totally different value system than the Scriptures reveal? Kingdom living is a life of faith, where we are “blindfolded” – we move forward without knowing all the details and are called to live a life that often contradicts what our natural senses tell us. Far better to walk blindfolded than to be blindsided by our fallen natural senses.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How would you define “faith”? What does it mean to walk “by faith”?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 11:1-8. What does this tell you about God? About man?
- Is faith a blind leap into the dark? How would you defend your answer to this question?
- In what ways can our natural senses blindside us?
- What do each of these kingdom principles mean? In what ways are these counter-cultural? “Lose your life in order tol find it.” “Humble yourself in order to be exalted.” “Give in order to receive.” “Serve in order to lead.” “Become last in order to be first.”