Disappointment is waiting in the wings for those who put their trust in man. But for those who are in Christ, one day “there shall be no more curse.”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Why do you believe the Bible is true?
- Read and discuss Genesis 3:14-24. What does it say? What does it mean? What should we do? How does it point us to Jesus?
- What comes to mind when you think of the word “curse”? How can a curse be active or passive?
- How would you summarize each of the curses in Genesis 3:14-19? How do these curses frame and affect our life today?
- Compare and contrast Genesis 3:7 and 3:21. What is the difference between biblical Christianity and religion? How do these verses highlight that difference?
- How does the BAD NEWS of the fall in Genesis 3 help us understand the GOOD NEWS of the gospel?
- How is mankind constantly trying to “get back to the Garden” or escape the effects of the curse?
- Discuss this statement: “Disappointment is waiting in the wings for those who put their trust in man.” How have you seen or experienced this to be true? How is this supported in Scripture?
- Read and discuss Revelation 22:1-5. What does it say? What does it mean? What should we do? How does it point us to Jesus? How do you respond to this? How does this give you hope in navigating whatever difficulties you face today?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Give thanks to the Lord for His ultimate provision in Christ, who cures the curse and gives us an unshakable hope for the future.