The first verse of the Bible opens the door to the realm of the unknown. Yet the world keeps trying to fix itself, which is why the world is in such a fix.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What is revelation? How does the Bible invite us into “the world of the unknown”? What happens if you do not accept that invitation?
- Read and discuss Genesis 1:1. What is the purpose and importance behind this opening statement? What does God want us to know through this? What does it show us about the character and person of God?
- What is a biblical worldview? Why is this important?
- Consider the following myths about Christianity. How would you respond to each one? Myth 1 – We take the Bible “literally;”Myth 2 – The Bible is a man-made moral code book we must follow; Myth 3 – The Bible is an illogical blind leap of faith; Myth 4 – Science and Scripture are at odds, contradicting each of other.
- What other myths or misconceptions about Christians have you observed or encountered?
- “The world keeps trying to fix itself, which is why the world is in such a fix.” How have you seen this to be true? How does the world try to fix itself?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Give thanks to God for His Word, which gives us revelation and truth we could not otherwise have without it.