Through Christ, we can approach the throne of grace with confidence. Prayer is not about the result, but about the One in whom we trust – it is seeking the face of God, not just His hand.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this sermon you found particularly helpful, insightful or difficult to understand?
- What is prayer? How would you describe/define prayer to someone who doesn't know what it is?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 4:14-16 and Psalm 46. What do you see about the nature of man? Of God? What does these verses tell us about how we can relate to God? What do you observe about prayer?
- What are other Scriptures you can think of that instruct us on the topic of prayer?
- What is the purpose of prayer? Why should we pray?
- On a scale from 1-10 (1 = non-existent, 10 = constantly in prayer), how would you rate your prayer life? Why?
- What do you find keeps you from prayer? What pushes toward prayer?
- How can you grow in the discipline of prayer? Spend some time in prayer about this.