Be the Church, Part 1
As followers of Christ, we don’t go to church. We are the church.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Prior to hearing this message, what came to mind when you heard the word “church”? Has that changed at all now?
- What passages of Scripture come to mind that describe the design, purpose, or mission of the Church?
- What does it mean that we, as followers of Christ, are the Church? Why is it so important to get these terms right?
- Have you, or anyone you know, left a local church for any of the reasons that Pastor Mike described? What are other reasons (right or wrong) that someone might leave?
- What does it look like for the truth to bring conviction rather than guilt?
- How would you respond to a friend who said he was leaving the church because he thought it was boring or irrelevant? What if he thought that the church was full of hypocrites?
- Read Romans 6:15-23. What is the difference between how the world defines “freedom” and how Scripture defines it? How does Jesus give freedom to His followers? What should our lives look like in light of that freedom? How should it affect our interactions with unbelievers?
- Spend some time praying that your group, and all the believers at RBC, would truly reflect and honor Christ, as His Body. Pray for the unbelievers in your lives, that they would put their faith in Christ and become members of the Church.