When we face difficulties while believing that God is with us, and we choose to remain obedient, then we can—in His power—be strong and courageous.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- Read and discuss Joshua 1. What does it tell us about the nature of God and the character of Joshua?
- What examples of courage have you seen in your life? Was there a time you had to be courageous? What happened?
- What current obstacles or trials are you facing?
- How does the promise of God’s presence impact you as you face those obstacles?
- What is the relationship between obedience and courage as we walk with the Lord? How does disobedience hinder us from experiencing God’s best?
- Where in your life are you tempted to fear? How do you tend to deal with that fear? What adjustments do you need to make to walk in biblical courage?