Be Anxious for Nothing
We live in a world that is morally decaying. Pastor Mike and David Shedd dialogue about viewing the world in which we live through a biblical lens.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What makes you anxious as you observe the state of the world today?
- Read and discuss Philippians 4:4-9. What does this reveal about us? What do these verses tell us about God? What commands, encouragements or warnings are there for us to heed?
- We live in a world that is morally decaying. What opportunities do you have (or can you make) to be salt and light in the environments in which you have influence?
- How do we balance the tension between security and compassion in an uncertain world?
- What is the root of anxiety, beyond circumstances and situations? How does anxiety relate to trust?
- How does the gospel anchor us in the midst of uncertainty?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 5:6-7. What anxieties do you need to cast upon the Lord? Spend some time in prayer about this.