Knowledge without application or action has no impact. Teaching from Jesus’ parable of hiding a lamp under a basket in Mark 4, Mark Joseph shares the importance of knowing and going in the Christian life. It’s easy to know, but difficult to go. Are you in danger of being “all know and no go”?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Share an "if only" story – a time when you did not put what you knew into action. What happened? What were the consequences?
- Read and discuss Mark 4:21-25 and James 1:22-25. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? Of God?
- How do you see the tendency for "know but no go" in your own life?
- Mark Joseph mentions the idea of "resistance," which strikes at the point of wanting to go and do something. How have you seen this principle at work when you "go"? How can we combat resistance?
- In what ways is the church in danger of being "all know and no go"?
- Share with your small group one thing you know that you can go and take into your circles of influence this week. Spend time as a small group praying for each other.