Baggage: Carried On for a Reason
Whether from bad choices we’ve made or from circumstances beyond our control, we all have baggage. While our tendency is to want to “check those bags” and move on, Christ has a greater purpose for the pain in our lives. How might He use the baggage in your life for kingdom purposes?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Mark 2:1-12. What do these verses tell you about man? About Jesus?
- Based on these verses, what do you note about the relationship between Jesus and God?
- Why do we tend to want to “check our baggage” and move on from it?
- In what ways has your baggage moved you toward or away from the Lord?
- Based on the verses in Mark 2, what do you note regarding the importance of community?
- Do you have “unexamined baggage” that is holding you back from experiencing freedom and forgiveness in Christ? How can your small group help you “unpack” that?
- How might your baggage be used for kingdom purposes?