The apostle Andrew is known as being a quiet, humble servant, a man "seized by the power of a great affection." Dr. Lee Corder, former chaplain for the Washington Redskins, teaches on the large impact of this lesser-known follower of Jesus.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- As you reflect on this sermon, what one insight or principle stands out as being particularly helpful, insightful or difficult to grasp?
- Would you consider yourself a humble person? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss John 1:35-42 and John 6:1-11. What do you observe about Andrew in these verses?
- Andrew was an example of a "quiet, humble servant." How would you define humility? What other examples of humility have you seen?
- What role does humility play in following Christ?
- How does the gospel call us to grow in humility?
- How are humility and evangelism related?
- What does it mean to be "seized by the power of a great affection"? How can we grow in our knowledge of Christ's great affection for us? How can we grow in our affection for Him? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.