From Ancient Days, Part 4
December 18, 2016 Mike MinterSermonsLuke, Micah
God used many people to save Christmas, so that Christmas could save many people.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What Christmas traditions do you have with your family?
- Read and discuss Micah 5:1-2 and Luke 2:1-21. What do these verses tell us about God? What theme(s) do you note in these verses?
- What warfare took place in the biblical narrative regarding the coming of Jesus? What “good, bad and ugly” does God sovereignly use to bring about His great purposes in regards to the coming of Christ?
- Do you experience any spiritual warfare specifically around the Christmas season? Why do you think that is?
- “A savior not only saves us FROM something, a savior saves us TO something.” In what ways do we want to be our own savior? How does the gospel save us from being our own savior?
- How does looking back at the prophesies of His first coming assure us of Jesus’s second coming? Why does this matter?
- What hard things have you seen God use for good?
- Is there something difficult you’re going through now that you are praying God will sovereignly redeem for good? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.