Christ is the fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecies that a virgin would give birth and that the Prince of Peace would come.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Read and discuss Isaiah 7:7-9, 9:2-7. What do these verses tell us about God? What theme(s) do you note in these verses?
- What specific details in these verses point to the coming of Christ? How are these verses speaking to both Jesus’s first and second comings?
- What do these verses tell us about the person and character of Jesus? How do they help you relate to Him?
- Why is the virgin birth of Jesus necessary? What does this have to do with sin?
- Read and discuss Luke 2:8-21. What do these familiar verses tell us about fear and peace? How do we tend to define peace? How does Scripture define or describe peace?
- Where in your life do you need to move from fear to peace? How does the gospel provide the path for this move?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Give thanks to God for His provision in Jesus, the Prince of Peace.