The call on every follower of Jesus is to go into the world and announce the Kingdom and the Savior King, in word and deed.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that you found encouraging and one thing you found challenging about this message?
- Why are followers of Jesus to “go”? What does this mean? Where are we to go? What are we to do?
- Discuss the 5 points on Why we Go. Review the Scriptures with each one.
- Going into the world is the natural fruit of a believer. (John 15)
- Going into the world is a command from the the Lord. (Matthew 28)
- Going into the world is modeled by Christ. (Philippians 2)
- Going into the world is an expression of love.(Romans 5:8, 2 Corinthians 5:14)
- Going into the world glorifies God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Discuss the 3 points regarding what we are to do as we go into the world. Review the Scriptures with each one.
- To bear witness (1 Peter 2:9)
- To be disciple makers (2 Timothy 2:2)
- To be peacemakers (Romans 5:10)
- What challenges do you face in seeking to engage others with the message of Christ?
- In what situations is it easier and harder to engage others with the message of Christ?
- Share an opportunity that you have had recently to engage another person in a spiritual conversation.
- What do you find helpful in opening up conversations with others about spiritual things? Do you have a particular question, or encouragement that you find others seem to respond to, such as saying “I will pray for you about that…”?
- Spend some time in prayer for specific people you would like to be able to have a spiritual conversation with.