Evangelizing the lost and discipling believers are hugely important, but our highest aim is giving God glory. God’s glory is His completely perfect, utterly different, fully excellent, beautiful, and pure character demonstrated through His awesome deeds.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What did you find most encouraging from this message? What part was the most challenging?
- What speaks the loudest to you about the glory God in our world?
- What is it that gives you a sense of awe about God and His creative power?
- Thinking back, what would you have said is your purpose in life? How would you articulate your purpose in life in light of today’s message?
- The Bible says that Jesus is the “exact representation” of the Father (see Hebrews 1:3). Discuss the significant ways in which Jesus reflects the nature of God the Father?
- If human beings are the apex of God’s creation, in what ways do you see yourself as a reflection of God’s glory?
- In what ways do you think you will live differently because of this message?