Christ came that we might have life, and have it to the full. Do you want life? Will you fight to stay alive?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- How can following Jesus be something we do instead of something we are? What’s the difference?
- Read and discuss John 10:10. What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about Jesus? Who or what is the thief? What does the thief steal? What does Jesus mean when He says He comes to bring life? What does He mean by a “full” or “abundant” life?
- Where do you tend to look for life apart from Christ? What is something you have pursued that you thought would bring life, but actually brought death?
- Read and discuss Matthew 7:13-14. What is the significance of these verses in regards to finding life?
- Read and discuss Romans 6:16. If sin results in death and obedience results in righteousness, where do you need to step out in obedience toward life?
- Read and discuss John 15:4-5. What does it mean to “abide” in something? What does it mean to abide in Christ?
- Pastor Bob presented two ways of abiding in Christ: Dealing with our sin (1 John 1:9) and presenting ourselves to God (Romans 6:12-13). How are these tied to the gospel? What might each of these look like in your daily life?
- Would you say that Jesus is your life? Why or why not? Are you willing to fight to stay alive by abiding in Christ? What would this look like for you? Spend some time together in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.