Because Satan is the “father of lies” (John 8:44) and rules over the world system (Ephesians 2:2), we can conclude that the world is lying to us constantly about how we ought to live. Scripture gives us a clear lens through which we can distinguish truth from lies in the world system.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- As you reflect back on this week's sermon, what one principle or insight, what one principle stands out as being particularly helpful, insightful or difficult to grasp?
- Read and discuss Proverbs 1. What do you see about the nature of man in these verses? What do you observe about the nature of God? What do you learn about wisdom from these verses?
- How does wisdom "cry out" to us?
- Why do we often turn a deaf ear to wisdom's call?
- What are some ways we can grow in wisdom? How does the Gospel allow us to do this?
- What have been some big take-aways from the "Word to the Wise" series for you personally?
- What are some specific areas of your life where you currently need wisdom? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about these.