“It’s just me and God” is not a biblical mindset. Rather, scripture shows us that there is great wisdom in close relationships. Don’t let pride keep you from experiencing the joy of deep friendship in your pilgrimage.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Per last week's message & discussion, were you able to intentionally impact in a positive way last week though the power of your words?
- What is one thing from this sermon that you hope to discuss as a group?
- Read and discuss 1 Samuel 23:15-18. What characteristics of a great relationship do you observe between David and Jonathan? Where else in scripture can we see the value and wisdom of close relationships?
- What are the hallmarks of a great friendship? How have you personally seen or experienced the value of wisdom in terms of relationship?
- Do you have any "Level 5" friendships? How have those impacted your life?
- Why do we tend to pull back from deep relationships?
- How does the Gospel push us away from pride to see the wisdom in close relationship with others?
- Are there specific relationships you feel God is asking you to pursue to greater depth? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.