Pastor Mike teaches from Luke 23, where Jesus was crucified between two criminals. Each thief on either side of Jesus’ cross is representative of how most people view and react to Christ. Which thief most closely represents how you view Christ?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How do you and your family traditionally celebrate Easter?
- Read and discuss Luke 23:34-43. What do these verses tell you about the nature and character of Jesus? Of man?
- What “two types” of people do the two criminals represent? In what ways do you relate to each thief?
- Given the urgency of the thief’s request in verse 42 (“Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!”) and Jesus’ response in verse 43, what are the implications of how we are saved from the penalty of our sin?
- How do the three crosses in Luke 23 communicate the Gospel?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 15:12-17. What do these verses tell us about the vitality of Jesus’ resurrection?
- What are some ways you can you celebrate the resurrection of Jesus in your daily life, not just on Easter Sunday?