A Prisoner for Christ
Petr Jasek of The Voice of the Martyrs shares the story of his persecution and imprisonment, and how God used his time as an “ambassador in chains” to bring others to Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly beneficial, insightful, or difficult?
- Read and discuss John 15:18-21, Luke 21:10-19 and 2 Timothy 3:10-17. How are these verses preparing us for persecution? Why should we have a “theology of persecution”?
- What stood out to you about Petr’s story or from one of the stories he told about other persecuted Christians? What did the Lord impress upon you?
- “Persecution is an essential part of the Christian life.” How do you respond to this statement?
- In what ways has suffering shaped your walk with the Lord?
- How does the Word of God sustain us in our trials?
- What is one way God may be calling you to “fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel” (Ephesians 6:18-20, NIV)?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Pray for those brothers and sisters around the world who are being actively persecuted because of their faith in Jesus Christ. Pray also for their persecutors, that they might come to know Jesus and turn to Him as their Savior.