Shame gives birth to isolation. Memory gives birth to legacy. Testimonies are not formulas.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What is the difference between guilt and shame? What are some Scriptures you can think of that deal with guilt and shame?
- Why is shame so powerful? Would you be willing to share something you are ashamed of with your group?
- What is the role of our conscience? What Scriptures can you find that deal with the conscience?
- “Shame gives birth to isolation.” How have you observed or experienced this?
- How does our society promote the eradication of memory? What Scriptures can you think of that deal with memory and legacy?
- “Memory gives birth to legacy.” What legacy was left for you? What legacy are you leaving? Is there an area where you need to intentionally instill good memories in someone’s life?
- “Testimonies are not formulas.” How does comparison hold us in bondage? Where have you observed or experienced this?