As we enter 2020, we need to adjust our vision to see more clearly beyond the dirt and cracks in the windshield of life. We can look through the window to find an equal, more powerful, and lasting reality: joy.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something about this message that you found particularly challenging, beneficial, or interesting?
- Read John 15:1-17. What are “these things I have spoken” that Jesus refers to in verse 11? What are “these things I command” in verse 17? What does it look like to “abide” in Christ?
- What is true joy? Where does it come from? How does joy differ from happiness?
- How is it possible to have joy in the midst of suffering? Why is that so important?
- Can you think of some people you know of, or know personally, who exude a “full” joy?
- Spend some time praying that the Lord would draw you nearer to Him and deeper into His Word in 2020.