Sr. High Small Groups
We all need to feel like we belong and to be in community. This is how God has designed us, and Sr. High Small Groups is where this can happen.
We understand that Sunday mornings in Sr. High can feel big, which is why we intentionally make small groups, well, small. We desire each student who chooses to be a part of the Sr. High Student Ministry to be in a Wednesday night Small Group where they are intentionally cared for by an adult leader and the other students in their small group. We believe small groups are the heartbeat of the ministry, and we hope you will commit to being a part of a small group.
Here are a few facts about Sr. High Small Groups:
A small group is typically 4-8 same-gender students and led by a same-gender, trained adult leader who is committed to building relationships with the students in their group and studying God’s Word for understanding and application. We believe God’s Word is the true change agent.
Small Groups gather every Wednesday from September through May. Typically, on the first Wednesday of the month, all small groups meet on the Reston Bible Church campus. Small Groups meet in regional homes on the other Wednesdays. The regional home you are in is decided by which public school you go to or would go to if you are homeschooled or attend a private school. Click the link below to find the address of the regional home you are in. Here is the breakdown of regions:
- The North Region- Potomac Falls High School, Dominion High School, and Park View High School
- The West Region- All other Loudoun County High Schools
- The East Region- All Fairfax County High Schools and Prince William County High Schools
Why do we split up into regional homes?
- We believe meeting in homes gives small groups an environment where students can feel safe, and community can be grown in a more comfortable and smaller meeting space.
- We believe church happens not just in the “walls of the building.” We want students to begin seeing and understanding this as they meet in homes.
- We believe students who know other Christians in their school or near them will enable them to have an essential community and fellowship with other Christians.
- With a larger student ministry, a structure is necessary, and meeting by regional homes provides a solid structure.
- Small Groups meet back together once a month so that all students can see each other as a big group.
The students stay in the same groups throughout the school year, so relationships of trust, authenticity, and accountability can be established and grown.
A typical Wednesday night will consist of hanging out to catch up, eating snacks, announcements, a student-led activity (ex. worship, game, testimony), and then splitting up into small groups for prayer, updates, and then opening God’s Word and discussing the previous Senior High Sunday message.
Small Groups are open for any Senior High student. If you have an interest in being a part of a Sr. High Small Group or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can talk to any Sr. High Leader on a Sunday morning to get more information about being a part of a Small Group.