MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong Worship
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) –Nothing is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Majesty (Mark 11:9-10) – Savior King by Hillsong Worship
Your Great Name (Philippians 2:10-11) – Love Revolution by Natalie Grant
TEACHING: What Is Love?
Life is love. And love is laying down your life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something in this message that was new or surprising to you?
- How would you define love? Did this sermon change your idea of what love is?
- Do you ever struggle to believe that love is what gives you life? What are some things that you find yourself believing will give you life instead?
- What does it mean to “lay down your life” for those you love? What are some ways you can lay down your life in your friendships, your marriage, your family, your workplace, or your church?
- How does the truth that God is three Persons (the Trinity) demonstrate the importance and depth of love? How do God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit each glorify the other?
- Read 1 John 4:7-21 and discuss the passage in light of John 15 and what you have learned from this message.
- If love may mean giving beyond what you think you are able to give, how can you know that you will be ok? What are some Scriptures that can give you reassurance when you offer such sacrificial love?
- Pray for opportunities to obey Christ’s commandment to “love one another as I have loved you.”