During Sunday worship services, we want to spend less time making announcements and more time worshiping. To help facilitate that, we’ll show a brief video announcement segment 4-5 minutes before each service begins. Grab an early seat just before your service begins so you can take advantage of these pre-service announcements. We’ll also post them here on the Sunday Rewind each week.
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Angels We Have Heard On High (Luke 2:13-14) – When Christmas Comes by Kim Walker Smith
The First Noel (Luke 2:9-10) – Original Arrangement
We Have a Saviour (Isaiah 9:6) –We Have a Saviour by HIillsong Worship
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Luke 2:9-10) – North Point Christmas by Eddie Kirkland (North Point)
TEACHING: Why Jesus Came
We celebrate Christmas because Jesus came into the world to testify of the truth, and to seek and save those who are lost.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- According to Scripture, why did Jesus come? Do any of these reasons especially resonate with you?
- What was one thing in this message that encouraged your faith?
- Read Genesis 3:15. How does this passage point to Christmas?
- Read John 10:7-15. Does the first half of verse 10 surprise you? What does it mean that Jesus has come that we might “have life” and “have it abundantly”?
- If you will be visiting with family members this Christmas who don’t know the Lord, how could you help them understand why Jesus came? Spend some time praying that God would reveal the truth to them.