MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
God Is Able (Ephesians 3:20-21) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Mighty to Save (Zephaniah 3:17) – Yahweh by Hillsong Chapel
Christ Is Enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
The Solid Rock (Psalm 18:2) – Original Arrangement
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:6) –All the People Said Amen by Matt Maher
TEACHING: Hope in the Midst of Suffering
Even in the throes of the deepest suffering, Christians can stand on the unshakable hope of the Gospel.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What truths of Scripture and the Gospel do you find yourself clinging to during moments of great trial?
- What does it mean that we are “shaken, but not shaken to the core”?
- Read Psalm 23. How does this psalm speak to the faithfulness and help of the triune God?
- Read Romans 8:18-30. What hope do you find in this passage? What truths about God do you see?
- Read Revelation 21:1-7. How do the promises of heaven give us strength and encouragement while in living in a fallen world?
- Spend some time praying over the members of our church body, and the members of your shepherd group, who are suffering. Pray that God would walk with them through their trials, and that He would advance His kingdom through their witness.