MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Closer (Psalm 89:14-15) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Beautiful Lord (Ephesians 2:4-5) – Sound of Melodies by Leeland
Forever Reign (Lamentations 5:19) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
TEACHING: Rooted, Part 3
We were once enemies with God, but through Christ we have been reconciled.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Before you believed in Christ, did you think of yourself as an enemy of God?
- If you are now a believer, do you see yourself as a friend of God? What does that mean? How does it affect the way you live your life?
- How does the law “written in the heart” point to the presence of a moral Lawgiver?
- Pastor Mike used the analogy of a puzzle with “blue pieces” that represent who we are in Christ – we are reconciled, forgiven, redeemed, rescued, justified, sanctified, complete. What other blue pieces can you come up with? Are there any “yellow pieces” of your own efforts that you are tempted to add to Christ’s work?
- Read and discuss Romans 5:1-11. How is that we are “reconciled to God”? How do we gain “peace with God”?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking the Lord for providing reconciliation with Him.